Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sipapu, New Mexico

It was a beautiful week in northern New Mexico for skiing. Here are Rob and I at the top of the lift. There wasn't a lot of new snow so some runs were thin and we were a bit limited but we got in two days of great skiing (Rob) and boarding (me) and three relaxing vacation nights. There was no cell service, internet service or even phones in the rooms so we had to forget the world and have fun (this is when it was announced that I would become a Piedmont employee and didn't know it).


That worked out fine until the second night when we took the 20 minute drive to Taos to have a nice dinner. While driving through town the rental car started acting weird. We didn't feel comfortable driving into the isolated mountains with that car so we had to wait 5 hours for the rental agency to tow a replacement car from Albuquerque and retrieve the broken one. I was hoping to get to bed by 8 or 9 but I guess midnight was ok. We just stayed in the last night and ate at the lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment